RE: Quirky Post: Similarities between being a Tech Writer & Modeling

Subject: RE: Quirky Post: Similarities between being a Tech Writer & Modeling
From: "ROGERS, MARTHA (CONTRACTOR)" <MARTHA -dot- ROGERS -at- DFAS -dot- MIL>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:28:36 -0600

I have to laugh when I think about an interview I had many years ago with a woman who was several inches shorter than me. She and I had acquaintances in common and going into the meeting, my expectations about the interview and my interviewer were pretty low. Imagine my surprise when she started off by saying, "Gee, you're so tall, I think I'll stand up for this interview." I mumbled something about not inviting her to join my volleyball team.

Martha
5' 8" and holding

Sara-Sue wrote, in part:
I've heard it said that models get feedback like " you're too old, too
tall, not tall enough, too fat, too big-chested, not big chested enough,
not the 'right body type'" etc. etc. etc.

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com