RE: Subject Matter Expertise-YES!

Subject: RE: Subject Matter Expertise-YES!
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:05:52 -0500

Keith Cronin opined:

> I'm talking about being asked to change hats
> unexpectedly, or at least add hats to my wardrobe. It's
> happened in every
> tech writing job I've had. Is it just me?

No, it isn't just you.

Consider this: The more hats you wear, the bigger (and more imposing) you
look. Besides, being asked to wear several hats gives many newbie tech
writers the chance to maintain a little dignity while growing out the career
equivalent of a mullet.

And .... when you wear many hats, you can consider burnout to be the career
equivalent of hat head.

Just make sure you have durable hats, in case you find yourself having to
pass one of them.
(That sounded more disgusting than I intended.)

Cheers ... Kim
kim.roper at pixelink.com
http://www.pixelink.com/

(I think a sig would be redundant at this time, since this posting is
already full to the brim.)

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com