Re: How secure are passworded PDFs

Subject: Re: How secure are passworded PDFs
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:57:32 -0500

John,

If your users can use Google, can download files from the Internet, and can install downloaded applications, then it will take the average criminal boob about 30 seconds to crack your PDF.

If your users are restricted (by more than a written rule) from such activities, then, yes, a PDF is pretty secure.

Dick

John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com> wrote:

>So, if I was to make it an ebook and PW it, is it secure under normal
>conditions? (I accept that nothing is secure under abnormal conditions)

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com