RE: Message for posting please

Subject: RE: Message for posting please
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:18:31 -0500

I'm doing documentation for two groups. In NJ, I'm working with 27
developers. In NY, I'm working with 4. As you can see, the number ranges
across the board.

The question shouldn't be based on someone else's number of
developers/writers, but whether you are meeting your commitments. If you
are, the proportion is right, or maybe even that you can add a developer or
two to the mix. If you aren't, you have too many developers to too few
writers.

Having a ratio comparable to someone else isn't going to make you meet your
commitments. You are.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372

Request for information:

I'm trying to research the 'standard' ratios between developers and
technical authors. Does anyone have any figures they can provide please?
Ideally they would be from individual organisations or particular industry
sectors. Also, I need to know:
if the figures include managers.
if the authoring covers training materials in addition to documentation.

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com