RE: Open Source writing opportunity

Subject: RE: Open Source writing opportunity
From: "Sean Wheller" <swheller -at- bigpond -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:21:59 +1100

Interesting Paul,

I think that there is significant $$$ pay for this opportunity.

Cutter states:
" We are pleased to offer Journal authors a year's complimentary
subscription and 10 copies of the issue in which they are published. In
addition, we occasionally pull excerpts, along with the author's bio, to
include in our weekly Cutter Edge e-mail bulletin, which reaches another
9,000 readers."

Here is the $$$:

Cost of subscriptions to a prestige journal:
Web Services Strategies (US$497, US$567 outside N. America)
Cutter IT Journal (US$485, US$585 outside N. America)
Cutter Benchmark Review (US$295, US$355 outside N. America)

In addition the cost of advertising in Cutter. Exposure from placement in
the Cutter Journal is significant. Can you put a price on that?

Who says it's for free?

Sincerely,

Sean Wheller
XWriter