Re: Generating Webhelp from command line

Subject: Re: Generating Webhelp from command line
From: Marc Becker <becker -at- castify -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:56:26 +0100

The solution is: There is no solution. You have to script it yourself. Here's the original reply (from Sabine--thanks!):

Unfortunately you cannot generate WebHelp from command line, no matter the
version of RoboHelp. This is only possible for the .chm file. I last spoke with RoboHelp people about the CLI generation of WebHelp in
summer 2002, and they didn't consider it to be an option in the near future.

(We wanted to automate the build process, but couldn't do it because of the
WebHelp generation, which needs to be done in RoboHelp. We ended up writing
a script that performs the necessary steps instead of a writer. It is not a
perfect solution, but it works.)

Sue Ahrenhold wrote:

>Marc, could you tell the rest of us what the solution is?

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com