Re: Try selling the sizzle of what you do.

Subject: Re: Try selling the sizzle of what you do.
From: John Posada <john -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:56:33 -0800

Until I develop the ability to tell the future, I take the position that
what I have in my hand is what will go out the door, and that's what I
write. If it changes tomorrow, then tomorrow I'll make the change. I've been
burned too many times by production who pretty much said...don't worry about
it. We're fixing it now...it will be in the next build. The build came, the
change didn't.

>>>Always how it currently works.

>>Well, the way it will work when the product goes out the >>door. If I
know that there is a bug report, and that it is >>assigned to a programmer
who is going to fix it next week, >>and that the product will not be
released until the product >>works the way I have documented it, why should
I change the >>documentation so that it reflects the incorrect behavior, and
>>then change it next week to reflect the correct behavior.

Because in my experience, it often doesn't happen.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
john -at- tdandw -dot- com

single-source layouts, and more!