RE: TOOLS: quiet keyboard

Subject: RE: TOOLS: quiet keyboard
From: jbfoster <jb -dot- foster -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:33:42 -0700

I really don't care too much about the noise ... care more about the feel.

I was initially attracted to the 'roll-up' keyboard, but found the key's
didn't have enough travel; that kind of irked me when I tried one out. It
would be great for coffee spillers though ... but not for people who like to
put the keyboard in their lap.

Miss the old manual 'Underwoods' of my youth (actually they're before my
time). The heavy, long, travel of the keys would guarantee a workout with
every letter! Of the current offerings, I find Microsoft has one of the best
products going, when you consider shape and resistance of the keys. For less
than $40 US, the 'Internet Keyboard' is well designed ... yet somewhat
noisy. No one makes a truly great keyboard anymore ... simply no market for
it.

Bruce

Kevin McLauchlan wrote:

> Given the relative dearth of responses, do I rightly assume that
> most of you
> prefer a noisy keyboard to give the impression that you are
> busily doing......... something?

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com