RE: Concepts (was Technical Writing Tests)

Subject: RE: Concepts (was Technical Writing Tests)
From: GeneK <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:35:21 -0800

I suppose I have, sort of. I've done a lot of work over the years for companies with old,
legacy documents that needed minor changes, but for which they had lost or never had
template files (for example, old, old docs dating back to physical layout days) and have
had to scrutinize them to reverse-engineer a new template so that I could revise a few
pages, insert a new chapter, etc., while maintaining the "look and feel" of the old docs
(whether I liked them or not). My guess is that most writers have had to do this sort of
thing at least once or twice.

Gene Kim-Eng
Technical Publications Manager
Half Moon Bay, CA

At 04:48 PM 2/16/2003 -0500, Matthew Horn wrote:

But I think everyone's experiences are different. I've been in the business for almost 10 years (I know, I'm a newbie), but I've never read other tech writer's docs to rip off styles, and I don't think I know anyone who has.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com