RE: Screenshots for Palm OS PDAs?

Subject: RE: Screenshots for Palm OS PDAs?
From: "Gunther Schmidt" <schmidt -at- gtr -dot- sczfk -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:03:36 +0100

Geoff Hart wrote:

>I'm just getting into a bit of documentation for software designed to run on
>Palm OS-compatible PDAs. As you might expect, it would be useful to be able
>to make screen captures of the software running on the Palm, but this is a
>brand new area for me. I'm using SnagIt happily for Windows screenshots, but
>the TechSmith Web site doesn't seem to mention a Palm-compatible version.
>
>Our software developer (thanks, Marc!) turned up a link that looks
>promising: http://linkesoft.com/screenshot/
>Has anyone used this software? Does anyone have other suggestions for
>getting Palm screenshots?

Geoff,

I have used Linkesoft's ScreenShot Hack on my Palm IIIc (standard display)
and since a few days I use it on a Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 (HiRes display). It
works perfect, and with the supplied Windows conduit the screenshots are
stored as BMP, PNG, GIF, or JPG files on the PC at every HotSync. Of course
they can be viewed on the Palm too.

I cannot fully recommend the emulator because the emulator doesn't run every
application. - If you use a HiRes device with PalmOS 4.x HRCaptDA can be a
solution. It is freeware and available from
http://crspalm.hp.infoseek.co.jp/#hrsda; LaunchPlug as a review and some
helpful information (http://www.launchplug.com/HRCaptDA.html). Another
screenshot utility is ScrShot (http://www.fatal-error.com/scrshot.html), but
I have never tested it.