RE: Basic Voice ??s: OK for Software to "allow", "let", "enable", --- "pr ovide" and so forth?

Subject: RE: Basic Voice ??s: OK for Software to "allow", "let", "enable", --- "pr ovide" and so forth?
From: Alan Bucher <bucherino -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:04:08 -0800 (PST)

MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com wrote:
>But... in procedural steps *or* in description and explanation,
>is it still a really good idea to use a single word "enter"
>in two different senses, in a single sentence.?

Good point, and I agree. I avoided that issue to try to keep focus on
the relevent part of the original question, though (regarding
"allows", etc.).

But yeah, "enter" twice isn't good. I'll typically use "enter" when
it involves typing something and hitting Enter, but "type" when it
just involves typing something (such as a text box in a dialog).
Again, trying to be very explicit.

Sure, there are countless recognized synonyns (enter, input, submit),
but in the end, if the user is supposed to type something, then what
can be simpler than using "type"?

http://shopping.yahoo.com

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com