RoboHelp 2002 Problem: Overwriting contents of one file from another

Subject: RoboHelp 2002 Problem: Overwriting contents of one file from another
From: "Rasil Ahuja" <rahuja -at- carekey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:48:22 -0500

On several occassions RoboHelp has overwritten one file with the contents of another. It changes the Title of the file as well although it keeps the original file name. There is no prompt asking me whether I want the file overwritten or any sort of warning. It just happens. Neither the file names nor the contents nor the titles of the two original files are similar. The only action I took was to move between Files A and B and somehow File A was overwritten.

The Undo button is disabled. I cannot find any temp files. And I did not close the application when I left work last night.

This is exceedingly frustrating especially since I spent a substantial chunk of my day yesterday working on File A! At first I thought I was crazy and then I thought it was a fluke, but this has happened to me more than just a couple of times.

I used the previous version of RoboHelp at my previous job and never had any problems with it. Has anyone else encountered this bug? If so, is there a fix? What should I watch out for? What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
~Rasil

CareKey, Inc.
137 Newbury St, 5th Floor