RE: Single-sourcing Tool

Subject: RE: Single-sourcing Tool
From: "Len Kirby" <Len -dot- Kirby -at- pwrm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:27:45 -0800

I posted on the Single-Sourcing SIG newgroup with regards to a "Grand
Solution". This solution would encompass:

A) source for paper manuals and CHM help files
B) source for website FAQs
C) source for web queries through the website
D) source for web queries "inside the firewall"

Its evident to me that an object-oriented database solution exporting
XML is necessary to facilitate all four. The burning question: how?

I have read numerous white papers and books on Architecture of structure
and how XML output sucked into Frame and compiled as CHM will work. What
about actual, tangible, working systems? Does anyone DO this now? How?
What are the tools? Workflow? Cost?

Len Kirby
Manager of Technical Communications
Power Measurement Ltd