Ideas for conference presentation?

Subject: Ideas for conference presentation?
From: ebarker -at- omiintl -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:23:25 -0700

The software company where I work hosts an annual conference for its
clients to introduce the latest product changes, provide specialized
training, etc.

I've been asked to give a presentation on Technical Communications. This
is not a how-to class nor do they want to know how we do our jobs.

I'm having difficulty coming up with content that would justify their
attendance. My only thought so far is to skip the "presentation" and use
the time to get to know them and their needs so we can discover what kind
of information is lacking and plan how to deliver documentation in the
future.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,

Evelyn Barker
OMI International
ebarker -at- omiintl -dot- com

single-source layouts, and more!