Re: More on Tech Writing Tests

Subject: Re: More on Tech Writing Tests
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:48:06 +0100

I went back to the post and read it more carefully. It was never said they
get "good" writers. The word "good" (or quality, or accurate, or the like)
never appears in the post. It was said that they get writers who are "one of
us."

That's true. However, LeAnne also said:

they didn't make the cut because we were
needing people who could conceptualize, plan, and execute their own projects
from scratch.

So there were at least some requirements regarding the abilities of the writers.

In any case, as John said, we do not know how writers on LeAnne's team write. They may be verbose, and the team may have opted for additions that do not rock the boat. But then again, they may not. All I tried to say in this regard is that we simply have not enough information to voice more than a suspicion - there certainly isn't enough to make a judgement.

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com