Re: More on Tech Writing Tests

Subject: Re: More on Tech Writing Tests
From: "Paul Strasser" <paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:14:31 -0700

I hope you appreciated the irony in my comments. She'll be a great fit
because she fits seamlessly into an existing culture, not that she can do a
job in all circumstances or understands the technology or can fondle a font
with the best of 'em. These folks like the test because it reconfirms their
own likes and dislikes about fellow workers. It's one thing to not hire
misanthropes. It's another to hire people who are "one of us."

Give this company credit. They have a test that does exactly what they
want - it is a predictor for the presence of the "one of us" gene. And note
that this is all the company wants it to do. Hence it is a great test. For
them.

I believe The Twilight Zone covered this topic once.

Paul Strasser
Windsor Technologies, Inc.
2569 Park Lane, Suite 200
Lafayette, Colorado 80026
Phone: 303-926-1982
FAX: 303-926-1510
E-mail: paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com