RE: Kiddie show with tech. writing tie-in

Subject: RE: Kiddie show with tech. writing tie-in
From: "Kathleen Jette" <jette -at- pcigeomatics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:06:00 -0500

<<Shouldn't the STC have some sort of award for things like that? Best use
of documentation in a children's television series or something? It's
great they advocated reading the instructions, although the premise of
instructions as boring is a little disappointing.

Oh wait -- they are.>>

Perhaps it is just a result of being a voracious bookworm or because I'm
gifted/cursed with a bizarre sense of humour, but I've always wanted to make
instructions more fun to read. Outside of the "for Dummies" suite, we don't
often get the opportunity to make our readers laugh. Once and a while I
plant a little gem for my reviewers to find . . . and get rewarded with a
friendly swat for my efforts (gotta see if they're actually checking the
stuff, right?). I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with imagining the
users' smiles when they follow our brilliantly crafted instructions. . .
:-)

Kathleen Jette

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com