RE: Calling All Font-Fondlers!

Subject: RE: Calling All Font-Fondlers!
From: "Grant, Christopher" <CGrant -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:41:08 -0600

Hi Bobby,

First, you might consider some of the recent postings about security - you
reveal a lot of information when you combine your email address, the name
you use to sign your posts, and identifiction of a specific Web site you're
working on.

That being said,

> 1) Is it site's purpose clear? (As defined by headings in the main content
area...)

Kinda. I can tell what the site does fairly quickly: it appears to
highlight technology in central NJ by providing company and individual
profiles. Then, the About PTP link provides a comprehensive explanation of
what they do and why I should be interested.

> 3) Do you have an opinion about how the site might be improved?

Get rid of that box that asks the user to enter an email address. Users are
conditioned to think "search" when they see a field next to a grey button at
the top of a web page. Replace the box with a search tool - I didn't see a
search tool on the site right now.

I'm using IE6 and I see some breaks in the table borders under Issues.
Also, page resizing isn't perfect - making the IE window narrow will push
the privacy link into the Issues column.

Make the date at the top of the page dyanmic.

Move press releases to top of page or more prominent position, as it's
probably dynamic content and of interest to readers.

Entering an invalid email address brings up what appears to be an "old" page
in the site - the nav menu heading changes from "Sections" to "Navigation"
and a different button graphic is used.

What's cool:

No graphics, site loads very fast.

The quote pulled from one of the individual profiles - neat.

HTH, YMMV.

-Chris Grant

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com