RE: Are you using personas?

Subject: RE: Are you using personas?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:25:09 -0500

>Persona's are just a part of audience analysis. They are the
>actors for whom you right. You start using the persona when
>you are designing your documentation. So, instead of thinking
>to yourself "this book is for adminstrators" you think, "this
>book is for Bob, a 35 year-old network admin who is overworked
>and underpaid," some such other details. You then design specifically
>for Bob, not for network admins in general. The catch is that Bob
>is based on user analysis of real network admins.

---------

Hey! I GET it now. In fact, I tell people that the audience for the Run book
I just created was for Igor, the 3rd shift Network Operations Center
Technician who's been on the job for a week and the network crashes at 4am.

Now I need a face...

Hey, Keith...you have a picture I can use?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com