Re: high cost of print cartridges

Subject: Re: high cost of print cartridges
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:44:16 -0500

On a totally different - and admittedly off - track, I happened to be running errands at noon and heard a report on our local NPR station about a scientist who is using a regular old ink-jet printer bought at an office supply store to print layers of biological materials. It seems he's able to build layers of stuff into things like tubes which are subsequently used for blood vessels and the like.

Wonder what his cost of expendables is like ...

John

At 02:17 PM 1/28/2003 -0600, Jo Francis Byrd wrote:

Based on my experience with generic and refilled cartridges, you're better
off taking the deep breath and ponying up the cost of the brand print
cartridges. The grief caused by the generic and refills simply is NOT worth
the savings.

Jo Byrd

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com