Re: OT: OT

Subject: Re: OT: OT
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:50:30 -0500

On 01/22/2003 1:42 PM, Gary S. Callison (huey -at- interaccess -dot- com) wrote:

>This enables you to do a couple different things that may make life
>easier. First, you can killfile anything with 'OT' in the subject. Second,
>if there are individuals posting to this list whose posts add no joy
>whatsoever to your life, you can killfile them and be spared reading
>any more of those.

Well, I've known how to kill messages in my mail program for years now...
that wasn't really the point of my note. It seems as if you're suggesting
that the moderated Technical Writing list will just have huge off-topic
threads and there's nothing we can do to prevent it, so that's what
killfiles are for.

If this were Usenet, I'd agree, but I thought we all agreed to a set of
guidelines when we signed up for this list. Still, I'm not the moderator,
so it's not up to me, and I guess I'll just set up an OT filter as soon
as this thread (complete with tongue-in-cheek subject of my own making)
dies off.

Mike

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com