RE: What to do about writing samples

Subject: RE: What to do about writing samples
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:19:04 -0500

There are two issues to consider. Copyright and proprietary safeguards.

Copyright is to prevent someone from making money on your work or
plagiarizing your ideas as their own.
Proprietary safeguards are different. If you went to test at Company A (a
telecom) with the price list from Company B (the same type of telecom and a
competitor), then that is wrong.

OTOH, if you went to a test at Company A (an aerospace company) on how to
perform a hydraulics overhaul, with part of the instructions on how to run a
web replication procedure from Company B (an e-commerce web site company),
do you think either Company A or B is going to care much?

Whatever you are going to use, be cautious and take normal precautions. You
should be fine.

John Posada