RE: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume

Subject: RE: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume
From: JB Foster <jb -dot- foster -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:39:05 -0700

I thought OPM was the abbreviation for Opium. Considering you need to be on
such, to think a 9 or 22 week course is going to make any real difference.
Why didn't he just go the registry office, and ask to add three more names
(with initials of M.B.A.) to the end of his. Would have been cheaper.

What I don't like is that some universities, to attract more money, have
compressed the time needed for an MBA, to get extra $$$; or offer 'lite'
degrees. There are a few universities here in Canada, that offer 3 year
degrees, or with life-experiences, bring it down to 2 years. When you get
outside, you've learned nothing of value (other than the current movie-list
of the last 30 years, and some proper Yoga techniques). I guess
universities, are businesses too. What worries me, is finding my local
university advertised on the outside of match-stick covers.

We are a society obsessed with titles!

Sir. Bruce AMA SPCA

p.s. no formalities needed, just call me 'me lord.' ;-)

> Valerie Priester wrote:

> Owner/President Management Certificate. It's a 9-week certificate course
> which can be completed over a three year period.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com