RE: Safety precautions in the US

Subject: RE: Safety precautions in the US
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:36:37 -0800 (PST)

Check OSHA regulations.

I'm not sure exactly what it means for the electrical industry, but I know it (or something very similiar) was a slogan that was drilled into us through a variety of safety presentations. It refers locking up a piece of equipment, whether that mean turning off the main power or locking a valve, so that someone does not accidentally come by and turn the piece of equipment back on while you're working on it. The tag part of the procedure directs you to put a notice of some sort on the part you turned off, such as the circuit breaker or valve, so that people will know why its turned off.

It's all about communication and trying to reduce the frequency of accidents due to someone turning on equipment while someone else is caught up inside it trying to fix it.

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles." ~ Donkey
Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag