RE: using a slogan on a resume

Subject: RE: using a slogan on a resume
From: "David Downing" <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:39:13 -0500

I suspected somebody might raise this objection. Two points in response --

1. If it was truly an accurate summation of your goals and assets, then it wouldn't really be a slogan. It would be a summary statement. To me, the word "slogan" denotes a piece of propaganda that gets its effect from sounding clever and witty, as opposed to a straightforward statement of information. Perhaps we're arguing semantics here.

2. Ultimately, it's a question of ye olde "fine line" between being "cute" and displaying a real talent for presenting yourself in a concise format. You just have to be mindful of that line and be careful not to cross it.