Looking for a classroom book recommendation

Subject: Looking for a classroom book recommendation
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:44:23 -0800

I am teaching Writing User Guides this spring. I am struggling to find a
good, complete text that covers writing user guides that is not a million
dollars or too simple to be useful. The students range from new to the field
to experienced tech writers who want to learn to write better user manuals.
Hardware or software.

Any favorites out there? Expensive books that were worth the money because
they are used by you often are good too. I need to make my book request in
the next week or 2.

Probably best to do this offline. I can summarize if there is interest.

Thanks!

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting