RE: Security followup

Subject: RE: Security followup
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:50:36 -0500

Zonealarm Pro might not be of use to the NSA or CIA, but for home use, I
understand it's not too bad. However, with Kaazaa, you've already opened a
path through it. They didn't find your machine...it was included in a
list...they didn't NEED to find it...you gave it to them. It sounds like you
didn't have Kaazaa configured properly to exclude the directory where you
had the files.

Why would someone download that file? Maybe because it has the word
Administration in it. I don't have "Evil" in MY screen name and if I saw the
file, I'd be curious to see what it was also.

John Posada