Re: Deadlines

Subject: Re: Deadlines
From: Paul DuBois <paul -at- kitebird -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:10:16 -0600

> Under the subject "Preparation for a phone screen
> interview," John Posada declares he has never missed a
> deadline in 10 years. Susan Gallagher comes in with 20
> years with no missed deadlines. jgarison proudly
> reveals 30 years with no missed deadlines!
>
> New technical writers lurking on the list may be
> wondering why no one is coming out and admitting that
> they missed a deadline once or twice.

Okay. I'll admit to being the antipodal exemplar.

I'm not sure that I've ever *made* a deadline.

Most recent manuscript: month or so late
The one before that: a year late (!!)
The one before that: two months late

Not for lack of trying; I guess I'm just the world's
slowest writer.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com