Re: bosses that won't shout (was Beaten by the mob)

Subject: Re: bosses that won't shout (was Beaten by the mob)
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:23:32 -0800

Amit Kapoor wrote:

how'd u deal with bosses that won't shout at all.. ;)

Oh, dear. I have one client like that. My contact at that company is overly polite... to the point that no one knows what he really wants. I've tried to encourage him to be a bit more open and explain to him that we need clear direction. I don't expect him to be blunt or rude: I think that he'd implode before he could be blunt, but to say what he really means. It's one of the harder contracts I have.

I think that I'd rather have someone who yells. At least with that I know where things stand.

( ) ASCII ribbon campaign
X against HTML email
/ \ & vCards

There are two kinds of light--the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. -James Thurber

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com