RE: I just experienced the coolest thing

Subject: RE: I just experienced the coolest thing
From: Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:05:16 -0700

In terms of writing critiques, when I first read "Keep in mind that the developer is young, cute, easily flustered, and the newest on the team", I envisioned a young, cute guy. I wondered why 'cuteness' was important to the story; it did trip me up.

It wasn't until the first or second "her" (I tend to speed read a bit so miss pronouns sometimes) that I realized the post was about a female developer. The cuteness of the story is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I don't find it as endearing, although I find John Posada endearing as a general rule. <grin>

Since reading the story and the comments, I have switched around the character roles a couple of times and leave it to you, the reader, to play this fun game and enjoy your own results -

Crusty older male developer gets aid from crusty older male tech writer...
Young cute male developer gets aid from premenopausal female tech writer...
Crusty older male developer gets aid from brittle young glamorous female tech writer...
Cute young female tech writer gets aid from cute young female tech writer...
And so forth....

(How cute is that?!!!)

Riskily,
Rose A. Wilcox
CHQ, 14th Floor
Tranz1 QA/Documentation
602-250-2435
Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- PinnacleWest -dot- com
"Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change
around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities
need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because
the dream is within you, no one can take it away."

- Tom Clancy, Author

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com