RE: Preparation for a phone screen interview

Subject: RE: Preparation for a phone screen interview
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:34:46 -0500

In fact, I'll give an example:

When I interviewed here, I met with the Dir of NY Operations. We talked
about how I get information and I mentioned that one of the ways was to ask
alot of WHY questions and to offer alternatives to existing ways the system
works. He told me that this wouldn't be necessary because I was going to be
documenting a system already in place and all I had to do was describe the
way it works.

Find out on my first day that it was the first day of a stabilization
project where the system was being completely overhauled and the NEW system,
which didn't exist yet, was what I was documenting.

This was not a problem for me and infact, I enjoyed it more. However, it
COULD have been.