Dreamweaver question

Subject: Dreamweaver question
From: "Hanlie Pretorius" <hpretorius -at- pnp -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:42:48 +0200

Hi,

I'm using Dreamweaver MX to create a plain HTML online help system for a
Linux web-based application, but I'm working in Windows 2000.

I have two "levels" of help - the first consists of background information
on a screen, step-by-step instructions for the screen, and an alphabetical
list of screen elements. This list has links to the second level of help - a
description of the screen element clicked in the list window (first level).
(The reason for two levels here is that the help window is quite small and I
thought it best to not to create a looong list through which the user has to
scroll.) All pages have links at the bottom to all the first-level help
pages and a link to the table of contents.

I've used templates with editable regions and editable tag properties to
make a prototype of the help system. Everything works fine until I want to
use the links at the bottom of the second-level pages to return to
first-level pages. The pages load, but they have lost their style
information (contained in an external style sheet).

I've tried recreating the remplate for the second-level screens, but it made
no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Hanlie Pretorius