RE: The WSJ spoke to me about Telecommuting

Subject: RE: The WSJ spoke to me about Telecommuting
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 06:21:20 -0800

Just wanted to mention my company today. If you go to www.msn.com, look under "MSN Top Headlines" and "MSNBC News." The second headline reads, "Gene Test May Predict Cancer Survival."

Read the article, and you will see the company I work for (Rosetta Inpharmatics) featured. One paragraph reads, "The Dutch researchers used a 1-by-3-inch chip to examine simultaneously which of 25,000 genes were expressed, or turned on, in tumor samples from 295 women all younger than 53. They discovered 70 genes that, when turned on or off in a certain pattern, predict either that the cancer will spread and kill the patient, or that it won?t."

TW tie-in: I am documenting the front-end system for these chips. (Putting the genetic material on the chips and sending it to the laboratory floor.) This is the most rewarding tech writing I have ever done in my life.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html
Oregon State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/oregon.html

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com