Re: cut and paste in word

Subject: Re: cut and paste in word
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:39:45 +0100

If I cut a selected area then paste (without copying first), Word pastes in the area that I cut. This is especially annoying if I copy a something first then cut something else. How can I turn this off? I shut off "Use Smart cut and paste" but that didn't do anything.

You can't turn this off, as it is exactly how Cut is supposed to behave. What you want is a different function, namely delete. There is a command in the Edit menu to do that (Delete or Clear) or you can press the Delete or Backspace keys.

Hope this helps
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com