Re: Publish On Demand with Booklocker / Writer's Digest

Subject: Re: Publish On Demand with Booklocker / Writer's Digest
From: "Alexander Hellemans" <hellemans -at- libero -dot- it>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:40:32 +0100

Ant,

I know I didn't answer the question whether I ever published with a vanity
press (Vanity press is a term for a publisher who asks money to publish your
book). It's like asking "did you ever go to a fortune teller?" This will
not help you to decide whether you should go as well. But if you want to
publish a book that is read you should do the effort (and it can be a big
effort) to find a publisher who pays advances and royalties to its authors.

Alexander Hellemans