Re: Same content for multiple clients

Subject: Re: Same content for multiple clients
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:01:23 -0800 (PST)

I just don't think there's any way that "Press Enter"
can be plagiarism, or we're all in serious trouble.
:-)

However, I think if I were in this situation, I'd have
to tell Client #2 that I just wrote the book they want
for someone else. If they want a different focus, or
are targeting a different audience, that would make a,
y'know, difference. Maybe Client #1 wanted something
for beginners and Client #2 wants something for the
Sophisticated User. If you take a new tack, you're no
longer writing the same book.

Maggie Secara

--- DaveC <peninsula -at- covad -dot- net> wrote:

> I haven't yet seen the topic of ownership brought
> up.
>
> Hasn't the first client paid you for the document?
> Don't they own it
> completely, now? Wouldn't reusing your own words
> constitute
> plagiarism, even if you wrote the words first?
>
> A bit of a conundrum, that.

=====
Maggie Secara

The Elizabethan World is at http://ren.dm.net
New in the Compendium! Keeping an Elizabethan christmas

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com