Word backward-compatibility issue

Subject: Word backward-compatibility issue
From: salese-1 -at- comcast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:49:35 -0700

I?ve been having an interesting problem with Word. I have a document that
was created from RH2000s single-source feature. After RH produced the Word
document, I then edited the document so it looked the way I wanted it.
This document has an index, with all the field codes that are required for
that feature. I sent this doc. (it?s about 4 mb. in size) to our company?s
central reproduction service to print and bind the document. The first
time they tried to print it, all the field codes for the index appeared in
the printed copy. It turns out the repro service is still running Word 97.
So, after some investigating I surmised that it was a version
incompatibility. I re-saved the doc. as Word 97 and re-sent it to them.
That didn?t help, the field codes were still printing, even though they do
not appear on the screen (they are hidden!).

Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Tricia S
Sr. Technical Communicator
OBP

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com