Re: videotaping interviews with SMEs

Subject: Re: videotaping interviews with SMEs
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:26:08 -0700

I've done both video and audio tapes of SME interviews. Video was helpful
when the interviewee was doing some diagrams and flowcharts on a
whiteboard. Audio is extremely helpful for double-checking small details
without wasting the developer's time.

Nobody has ever objected. The videos were shot using the company's
equipment, and the tapes belonged to the company (although they lived in
my desk drawer.)

Overall I prefer audio - it never makes me look fat.

Keith Cronin
a guy with a great face for radio

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com