RE: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: "Oja, Kelly" <Kelly -dot- Oja -at- Kingland -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:46:06 -0600

You know, when I started this thread, I had different intentions, but the
current state of affairs is great because I have had a good time reading all
of your tales, so I must, yes I must throw my hat into the ring.

I am a tech writer living in Rochester, MN. I could go on and on telling you
about hot dishes, ice fishing, ice houses, snowmobiles, boats, lefse,
"...going up north...', Schmidt Beer, the North Stars, and the price of gas.
But I am originally from Montana, sooo, if I were back home, I would be
living in a tiny cabin pecking away at an old manual typewriter cursing the
government for my lot in life and for everything else that is wrong in the
world. In between manifestos, I trek into town to purchase dry goods at the
local store because I can't hunt on the land I squat on because the entire
state has been invaded by 'outastaters' buying up all the land and posting
'No Hunting' signs on every fence post. I am also upset something fierce
because the letter I got from the governor about declaring my shack a
sovereign nation was met with a stern warning to not mention what I knew
about ARCO to any member of the press. The press? Who can trust them? They
serve as the puppet to the puppet master who wants only one thing, and that
is, is, is... um,uh, I should go.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com