RE: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:25:29 -0800 (PST)

Well, I'm a Technical Writer from Columbus, Ohio. (This is not gonna be easy.)
Or as we say out here, Clumbus, Ahia.

Cows...somehow there are cows in this equation. Right...I'm following cows around
the fields, stepping in the output of cows, dodging tornados and thunderstorms and
ice storms and blizzards...following cows. Wondering. What do cows think about all
day? Do cows think?

No, no, no. That's not right. We have this big university here. You know it because
it has the worst 13-0 football team ever. But I'm a writer. I distain such mundane
things as football. When I'm not ensconced in my lonely corner of the university
library writing my lonely misunderstood prose, I'm sitting on the Oval with my cup
collecting donations while I read aloud from Dylan Thomas (or was that Bob Dylan? I
get the two confused.)

Oh, wait! I'm the lonely, misunderstood, screwed up, inarticulate veteran with the
sign at the freeway exit, "Will Eat For Food." And I dream of writing down my war
stories and exorcising my demons. It's too bad I'm inarticulate and can't do that.

(Actually, I suffer from multiple personality disorder. None of you exist. There's
only me and me and me and me and me and me...)

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 10/28/02
--First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471), 1420--

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com