RE: Now is the winter of our dis-CONTENT

Subject: RE: Now is the winter of our dis-CONTENT
From: "TEA Lanham, Kevin" <Klanham -at- aus -dot- telusa -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:13:42 -0600

> I'm curious to know what types of content you all produce?

We document both the hardware and the software for the capital equipment we
sell to semiconductor chipmakers so they can make chips for lots of things
(cell phones, PCs, PDAs, etc.). These chip-making machines process silicon
wafers and add the various layers of circuits for the chip. These expensive
machines are constantly being updated and changed (engineering changes to
the software and hardware, and improved methods for using them). We sell
many different models of many different product lines. The machine life
cycle is 5-10 years and so we have to develop troubleshooting information
too.

I could ask this list about the way the excited ions from the plasma bombard
the wafer substrate to etch holes measured in nanometers, or about how the
process control parameters are passed to the controller but I don't expect
many people on the TECHWR-L list to do what we do.

However, many things that come up on this list do transfer very well to what
we do. I monitor (lurk) for best practices used in other fields and apply
them as needed.

Kevin