2Work as a "help" system -- anyone have experience with it?

Subject: 2Work as a "help" system -- anyone have experience with it?
From: "Debbie Lemasters" <Debbie -dot- Lemasters -at- MAPICS -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:18:02 -0700

Background: We develop several business software product lines on both
IBM and Microsoft platforms for manufacturers. Depending on the platform,
we create and maintain WinHLP, HTMLHelp, WebHelp, and JavaHelp
deliverables. We are in the process of evaluating Dreamweaver with Deva
tools for a web-based product under design.

Situation: My manager's manager just asked us to look at a product called
"2Work" for a quick evaluation/fit analysis. The company is ThinkSmart
Performance Systems, LLC out of Norcross, Georgia. I've asked the company
for a trial copy or demo so that I can do an initial analysis for my
executive. Using the company's words, it is a context-sensitive product
that provides any information that a user needs to successfully complete
data entry functions in an application--from policies and procedures to
step-by-step instructions, and, from dynamic information to last year's
sales data. For the curious, you can read what it is on the company's web
site, http://thinksmartps.com/default.asp . The hype is slanted towards
training, not help. I doubt that it has the navigational lookups (table of
contents, search, find) that I think a help system should include. Still,
there were some interesting angles in the PowerPoint presentation on the
web site.

Request: Does anyone have any knowledge of experience with this product?
Any comments and advice are appreciated.

Debbie
debbie -dot- lemasters -at- mapics -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com