RE: Anyone ever heard of this book or program

Subject: RE: Anyone ever heard of this book or program
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:11:23 -0800

'mornin' all,

FWIW -- After last week's discussion of this book, I found it at the library and read it over the weekend.

It is well written and an easy read. The author's experience and the thrust of the book in in MARCOMM rather than TECHCOMM.
His advice for finding work as an independent would work for either an independent Commercial Writer (his term) or an independent Tech Writer - or anyone else wanting to market their new enterprise.

The funniest advice given was when he recommended the STC as a source of information and advice for an independent technical writing business -- he obviusly hasn't had the benefit of our periodic opinion-fests <LOL>.

HTH

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming