Re: "Pretenders"

Subject: Re: "Pretenders"
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:11:53 -0800 (PST)

Erica,

After 19 months of a layoff, last week I accepted a
commissioned sales job with AFLAC selling supplemental
health insurance. I will continue to solicit small projects
I can do in the evenings and on weekends, but for the
moment I have no plans to dive back in on a full-time basis
for the foreseeable future.

Frankly, I resisted sales work until I found these folks,
who simply don't believe in the hard-sell approach but are
much more service oriented. Thus, I think this is something
I can do--and I've got plenty of bills to catch up on after
so long out of work.

Feel free to let me know whether you think I'm
smart/crazy/whatever about this move.

Best wishes to any of the other unemployed types!

David Neeley
dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com

-----------------original---------------------
I'm just curious, how many of you have accepted
non-techwriting jobs "in the mean time" or "until..."? I
admit to working in a company that has no idea
about my tech writing background. I am writing but my old
qualifications would have made me over-qualified for this
job... which I needed. The money isn't great but the
company is stable and the people are great. Just
wondering if any other "pretenders" wanted to chat.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com