RE: MS Visual SourceSafe & binary files

Subject: RE: MS Visual SourceSafe & binary files
From: "Martin Polley" <Martinp -at- Surf-com -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:51:22 +0200

In answer to your first question, yes you can, BUT you lose one of the
main benefits of using VSS--that of having a backup on a separate
machine.

If VSS is on the same drive as your original files, and the drive fails,
you have a problem.

HTH,

Martin Polley
Technical Communicator
http://www.surf-com.com/
martinp -at- surf-com -dot- com
Tel: (+972) (4) 9095-732
Mobile: (053) 864-280
ICQ 15617901

Hlade's Law: If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person.
They will find an easier way to do it.