Re: Improving images (not screen captures) in my PDF?

Subject: Re: Improving images (not screen captures) in my PDF?
From: "Brigitte Johnston" <bjohnston -at- humantech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:14:15 -0500

These Word forms are full of things like tables, text boxes, text boxes on top of tables, etc., and on their own, they blow up occasionally (surprise!). Pulling one of those directly into my perfectly crafted and pristine 300+ page manual with all its styles, margins, etc. would probably drive me straight to the looney bin. :-) Also, I have to resize them while showing examples of how to use them, or show only small portions of them when focusing in on a particular step. Tricky...

Brigitte Johnston

From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:06:52 -0700

> Hello everyone!
>
> Some background...I create the forms in Word 2000 and then create a PDF =
> of each using Acrobat 4.0. A graphic designer scans the PDF and saves =
> the image as a 'tif' file. I insert the tif into my Word (2000) =
> document (the manual). I can read the form (when the final manual is =
> PDF'd), but it's just not the quality I'd like.

I must be missing something - why are you adding all these steps? You
start out and end up in Word, so why bother making the form a graphic at
all? Why not just stay in Word the whole time? Then you can make a PDF of
your final document, which will treat the form as TEXT as opposed to a
graphic.

puzzled (not an unusual state of mind for me),
Keith Cronin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com