RE: Animation of GIFs

Subject: RE: Animation of GIFs
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:42:46 -0500

Actually, I can think of many instances where GIFs "could" be used and would
apply to technical communication, though for each of them, I can think of a
better way to implement it.

However, in my experience, if someone is at a point where they are saying
"can anyone on the list tell me how to make animated gifs?", they aren't
thinking along those lines. It's only after you have "internalized" the
whole gif concept and alternatives that you start coming up with suitable
uses. If you are so new to animated GIFs that you are asking how to make
them, then you are in all likelihood, in the animated icon camp.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
"Be accurate...the 4am wakeup call you prevent could be your manager's"