RE: PDF question

Subject: RE: PDF question
From: "Stuart Rogers" <srogers -at- phoenix-geophysics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:16:50 -0500

A few more suggestions:

Double check that your .ps file is being created with the Distiller
printer instance, NOT a hardware printer driver. (Never, never, NEVER
use a hardware printer driver to create .ps or .prn files for PDF.) This
is automatic if you've set up your system properly and you use Save As
PDF within FM.

Reboot the computer. Assuming this is Windows, it always helps to start
with a fresh boot and as few memory leaks as possible. (And it always
helps Techwhirlers to answer you if they know what platform you're
talking about... ;-)

Check that there is enough free disk space for Distiller to do its
stuff. Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.

The graphic file may be corrupt. Open the problem graphic in its own
editing program, make a small change, and save it with a new name (then
undo the small change if necessary and resave). Import the new version
into the doc in place of the old one.

HTH,

Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator
Phoenix Geophysics Limited
Toronto, ON, Canada
+1 (416) 491-7340 x 325

mailto:srogers -at- phoenix-geophysics -dot- com

Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical Writers explain How to Work the Product.