RE: code examples in a document - RESOLUTION

Subject: RE: code examples in a document - RESOLUTION
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:42:15 -0500

>Most programming languages provide a character to mark
>that something is being "continued" onto another line even where
>the syntax of the language wouldn't ordinarily allow a break.
>In C for example the \ (backslash) character provides this;
>
>#define LiPointInitialise( _p, _x, _y, _z ) \
> do \
> { (_p)[0] = _x ; \
> (_p)[1] = _y ; \
> (_p)[2] = _z ; \
> } while ( 0 )
>
>(You'd want to use a fixed-width font and line the \ up).
>
>Might be worth finding out if there is such a continuation character
>for whatever language you are using - then you can lay things
>out nicely.

Chris...what "language" is simple ol' DOS .bat file scripting :-)

...and better yet...does it have a continued character?

Seriously...in this case, what I'm documenting is simple uncompiled .bat
files. I asked the developer and his answer was "I dunno....I know what it
is for C and I know for VB, but I don't think there is one for this..."

Recognize this code?:

--------------
for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%d in ('date /t') do (
echo %%d
echo %%e
echo %%f
echo %%g

for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=: " %%h in ('time /t') do (
echo %%h
echo %%i
c:\pkware\pkzipc -add=update -move -rec -path=full -attr=all

-older=14 -silent -times=all
E:\ZippedLogs\syslogs\%%e%%f%%g.zip
E:\StampedLogs\syslogs\*.*
c:\pkware\pkzipc -add=update -move -rec -path=full -attr=all
-older=21 -silent -times=all
E:\ZippedLogs\custlogs\%%e%%f%%g.zip
E:\StampedLogs\custlogs\*.*
c:\pkware\pkzipc -add=update -move -rec -path=full -attr=all
-older=5 -silent -times=all
E:\ZippedLogs\archives\%%e%%f%%g.zip
E:\StampedLogs\archives\*.*
)