Re: Ventura 10

Subject: Re: Ventura 10
From: Janet Murphy <janet -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:18:53 -0500

I've been using Ventura and Word for several years -- I'm only on Ventura 8
though.

I'm with Sean --> you can import Word files into Ventura, but Ventura is so
much more powerful than Word [esp. on long documents], you will probably want to
author in Ventura. The import feature is handy, though, if you are obtaining
content from Word users.

I suspect you will have to manually set up all the styles; I doubt they will
"auto carry over". While that would be a headache in Word, it's pretty simple
in Ventura.

I'd suggest using the Ventura User Guide.

Good luck,
Janet Murphy

JB Foster wrote:

> In the next few days, I'll be switching from 'Adobe PageMaker' over to
> 'Corel's Ventura 10.' Since Ventura is new to me, I'll probably stay with
> importing MS Word files into it (as I did in PageMaker). Anyone know if this
> is a sound practice with Ventura? Also, how trouble-free is it's handling of
> MS Word formats?
>
> - Lastly, what would be a good how-to book for using Ventura 10.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com